The organ appears to have been rebuilt several times. It is believed the original was bought second hand in 1883. A letter from Bishop & Son (Organ builders) in 1920 suggests the original would have been made c1840 as a top of the range instrument for a mansion, but was then in very poor repair and not helped by the frontal which was ornate but detracted from sound. It was rebuilt in 1922 at a cost of £622/15/0d, An earlier letter (14/6/1915) from H E Walker recalls that his uncle had removed the organ from London and installed it in the west end of the church. In 1892 it had been moved back to his uncle’s shop and rebuilt, using a case made by the builders of the 1892 chancel. It was believed to be more than 60 years old in 1919