The churchyard has open farmland to the North, East and South, with a mix of residential styles to the West. A survey in 1992 identified sixty four species of wild flower, but nothing unusual. The same survey estimated the boundary hedge was laid out more than four centuries ago. The survey referred to a limited variety of trees on the boundary, highlighting an Holm Oak on the eastern boundary and yew trees to the north, but surprisingly making no reference to the Sequoias to the north west.
There is evidence of incursion by rabbits, foxes, deer and badgers on the eastern boundary. The most recent quinquennial inspection (2009) found no evidence of the Pippistrelle bats previously in the belfry.
The lych gate and iron fencing around the churchyard were installed in 1892.